We can do it all, but we cannot do it alone. This is the guiding philosophy behind Chris Thompson’s bid for interim leader of the New Brunswick NDP.
Chris spent most of his life in Fredericton, New Brunswick. He grew up in a working class household in Nashwaaksis. His experiences with the First Nations community at Saint Mary’s, and being immersed in Thai culture when he lived abroad, convinced him that only by learning to discard the rugged individualism of the past, can we build a New Brunswick that lifts everyone up.
Chris spent most of his life in a working class household in Nashwaaksis. His experiences with the First Nations community at Saint Mary’s, and immersion in Thai culture when he lived abroad, convinced him that only by discarding the rugged individualism of the past, can we build a province that lifts everyone up.
Community building is what Chris does. Volunteering as a middle school basketball coach, or being a leading voice at the Clinic 554 and Affordable Housing protests – he ignites the first sparks of revolutionary change in New Brunswick.
Chris wants to become a teacher, to find some semblance of order in the chaotic world of the 21st century. Like many, he realizes that this will not happen unless he steps up to build a community that will fight for the change we need. Under his interim leadership the NB NDP will begin the first critical steps of growth that will allow it to be the force for change in New Brunswick. He seeks to grow the party into a far more diverse organization of exploited and disadvantaged New Brunswickers seeking economic and social justice. That can happen only with your help.
As Interim Leader Chris’ main focus will be enlarging the party, and that includes strengthening the Socialist Caucus. In so doing, we can be the leading voice in the province on the following issues.
• Universal Pharmacare
• Housing First
• Universal Childcare
• Ambulance services without fees
• Mandate a Livable Wage with Cost of Living Adjustments
• Stronger Public, non-profit Healthcare, including Long Term Care
• Labour Law Reform to facilitate union organizing, a substantial increase in the minimum wage and in paid sick leave
• Growing the Labour Movement, and strengthening its direct links to the NDP
• Northern Economic Strategy for jobs and development in harmony with nature
• Justice for First Nations. Reconciliation through restitution.
• LGBTQ+ Policy created by the LGBTQ+ community
• Create a provincial guaranteed annual income
• Hold the police accountable for racism and brutality
• Women’s Equality, including choice on abortion
• Eliminate tuition at all public post secondary institutions
• Tax the rich and giant corporations
• Nationalize Monopolies that Control our Province
Yes, that includes the Irving empire
• Seek damages from fossil fuel companies for the willful damages they’ve caused to our environment
• … and much more.
To support the Socialist Caucus campaign “Chris Thompson for NB NDP Interim Leader” visit the FB Page: www.facebook.com/ChrisThompsonNDP or call: 506-999-4231